Incredibly central, next door to John Lewis, which, as it happens is the only ugly building in this fine Granite City. From here you can walk everywhere and even the beach is only about 25 minutes’ walk.
There is very limited parking and if you grab a spot, it stays yours for the days you pay (between £8-16 per day). However, the full facts were kept from us when we checked in.
On coming back from a day out on a busy new year’s eve, we waited several minutes in a queue blocking the road only to be told eventually by driver in front that we had to go to overflow car park out. So we duly went, paid for it, assuming we’d get it back as we’d already booked Hilton car park. We asked reception how it worked and that’s when they decided to tell us we still had the space we booked two days ago. Apart from the wasted few £s, we will never get those 40 wasted minutes back.
- Double wardrobe and shelf with 8 regular hangers.
- Three separate shelves plus one with a safe.
- No drawers other than slim one on desk so nowhere to store smalls
- Good size bedside tables
- Additional shelving under refreshments unit
- Empty fridge (hurrah, not a minibar)
- Shelf under large TV console table
Power points: Dotted around the room with two at the side of desk/dressing table
- Towels – large and quite soft, very absorbent. 2 bath, two hand towels and 2 face cloths
- Separate shower cubicle
- The longest bath I have seen in a long time.
- Three shelves and a little space for toothbrush etc around oblong shaped deep sink
- Shower gel, body lotion and shampoo and conditioner included
- Tissues and sanitary bags provided
- No rail to dry/hang towels and unusually the lack of toothbrush/shaver charge point was noted.
- We had breakfast out every day as we were in a reasonable sized city. A kettle and usual tea and coffee sachets with milk pots are provided.
Mirrors in the right places including a full length one Iron and board in wardrobe
Relax & sleep
- One armchair and a table
- Desk/dresser unit with one chair
- TV on a unit
- Large double bed with one large winter duvet and 2 pillows plus 2 spares
- Warm room with controllable heaters/air con
Lighting: All lamps and perfectly adequate.
Room 317 suited our needs, looked out to another building. Rather delightfully our view across the way was a room with a Christmas tree.
Excellent throughout other than the car parking fiasco. There was no compentastion or reimbursement.
See the full article with photos on my travel blog: Reach up for the Sunrise